Simple script to help extracting PDF file and/or convert them to SVG. This script created in order to help them who need import multiple pdf page easily in to inkscape.
For Ubuntu 18.04 user or older, maybe you can’t find install dependency via apt. You can install it via snap or add ppa:malteworld/ppa. Second option is best choice for WSL user.
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:malteworld/ppa sudo apt update sudo apt install pdftk
Make sure git installed on your system before running command bellow.
git clone https://github.com/raniaamina/pdf-extractor.git ~/.config/pdf-extractor cd ~/.config/pdf-extractor sudo chmod +x pdf-extractor sudo ln -s ~/.config/pdf-extractor /usr/local/bin/pdf-extractor
- Open your terminal
- Go to directory where multiple page pdf saved. For example, if your pdf document saved in my-document folder in home, you can type
- Now, you can choose one of actions that provided.
pdf-extractor --help for more information
Some of distribution can’t use/get pdftk from PPA, so here is an option if you get a problem with installing pdftk.
- sudo apt install default-jre-headless libcommons-lang3-java libbcprov-java
- download the deb file of pdftk-java from https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal/pdftk-java
- download the deb file of pdftk from https://packages.ubuntu.com/focal/pdftk
Thanks for @alezzacreative who giving information about this.
This script basicly only structured command that arranged to made it easy to use for specific purpose. PDF Extractor come with no warranty, so use with your own risk.